Hudson Cook, LLP, 2011 – present.
Angela has over 20 years of experience assisting banks, sale finance companies, other creditors, financial service providers and information service providers on a wide range of federal, state and local consumer financial services, privacy and consumer protection laws. Prior to joining Hudson Cook, Angela spent the majority of her career as in-house counsel directly supporting and participating in the strategic and operational functioning of her clients.
Angela’s scope of experience includes providing legal and operational guidance in the following areas:
- bank and captive based national auto, and recreational vehicle, finance and lease programs
- bank and finance company national mortgage and home equity programs
- appraisal management companies
- information/data organizations and credit reporting agencies
- evaluation and management of licensing requirements for various types of financial services organizations, including sales finance, collection and appraisal management companies.
- federal and state privacy requirements, as well as the development, structure and management of privacy departments
- development of data governance policies for all types of financial institutions
- federal and state laws applicable to security departments including security breach requirements, as well as management and remediation of security breach incidents
- development, structure and management of compliance departments for all types of financial institutions and data organizations
- management of, and response, to federal and state regulatory exams
- vendor services relationships and contract requirements, including off-shore outsourcing
- sale and acquisition of consumer finance business and portfolios
- federal and state trademark law and management of trademark portfolios
2007 – 2011 - legal consultant/contractor: Chrysler Financial, Farmington Hills, MI (2008 – 2011); InHouse, Inc, Ponte Vedra, FL (2009 – 2011); Lightyear Capital, LLC, New York, NY (2007 – 2011).
DeepGreen Financial, Inc. Highland Hills, Ohio, 2005 – 2007. Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Compliance Officer.
LexisNexis, Miamisburgh, Ohio, 2004 – 2005. Vice President Law, Chief Regulatory Compliance Officer.
KeyBank, Cleveland, Ohio, 1993 – 2004. Senior Counsel; SVP and Chief Privacy Executive.
Bodman Longley, Detroit, Michigan, 1989 to 1993. Associate.
Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. The Key Executive Experience, 2003.
University of Detroit-Mercy School of Law. Joint JD and MBA, cum laude, 1989.
Alma College, BA, cum laude, 1986.
Professional Memberships and Activities
Michigan State Bar (admitted 1989); Ohio State Bar (admitted 2004).
Member, American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Consumer Financial Services Committee.
Past Chair, Association of Consumer Vehicle Lessors Association, legal committee.
Past Member, Consumer Bankers Association, Privacy Committee and Financial Services Roundtable, Privacy Working Group.